Sun, Sept. 20th, 2010 Weather : september chills 64º/60º

 

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 I don't want to take any drastic decisions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mia
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 06:59

So I would like to ask you all... should I shut down Sedgwick?
I figured I would ask because I don't see any improvement IC wise.
It's a lot of OOC and lonesome people in the entrance room.
I understand it's school season and many of us don't have time to
log on and have a fun time ( I would know, Im a senior and I'm
applying to college and I have to do a million things. It's hectic).

The way I envisioned this RPG was not like the way it's been going,
and it's very depressing to say the least. I would love to keep it open
for those who want to continue this RPG the way it was intended.
My hope was to come up with an innovative RP that would have
people IC basically all the time. If you remember the A-list, you'll
remember their ability to stay in character the whole time with an
unsaid IC behavior. This was mostly because they had to keep a
reputation with others. (Let's face it, the A-list was ironically fake xD).
Even though I was never in the A-list and was never interested in
roleplaying as a label whore who talked a lot of shit, I def. found
their dedication to their characters an element needed in RPs today.

I think the whole genre of school RPGs have been recycled and
manipulated so many times, ruined so many times, that coming
up with an innovative school RPG is much harder than ever. Specially
with the inbred cliques that have been formed in the genre before,
and me being a complete outsider in the genre was just unheard of.
People don't seem to enjoy RP anymore (in general, not just in Sedgwick),
and it's becoming a rush, looking for the next best thing.
It was very silly of me to think I could make enthusiastic RPers.
It's fine though, can't get up if you don't fall and I did achieve what
I wanted to achieve at some point in Sedgwick's existence.

Now on the other hand, I do realize that this is an opportunity to build
a tight-knit community. I see many of you have stuck around and have
been loyal to the school. If we do decide to keep Sedgwick around, you'll
be the foundation, the very first, the memorable pupils of Sedgwick.

So is this a "It's over, no point in trying to bring back the dead" situation,
or a "no rain, no rainbow" situation.

I would also encourage you to read the introduction to the school.

So please, if you read this, give me as much feedback as you want,
I'd really appreciate it.

Love,

xMia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hsedgwick.forum-motion.com
Misty !

avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-09-03
Location : Miami

PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 07:11

I don't think you should close, down we just need to try WAY harder.
I will be busting my ass next week for you mia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tigger(;

avatar

Posts : 195
Join date : 2010-09-01
Age : 21
Location : La la land, every one STFU's there.

PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 07:13

Oh mia.
I couldnt stand even the thought of Sedgwick shutting down.
I go to other rpgs, also, but if it means this shutting down.. then I'll spend my time here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
queen of hearts ♥

avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-09-01
Location : i live in sophey's pants.

PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 07:18

I personally agree, but the facts are less people are going to come to Sedgwick because the major rp'ers think its boring, They all go to the WRPG or XI, some of them are just waiting for Bushwick or some shit to open.. I think we SHOULDN'T close the school, there's been alot of progress made and I'd hate to see it go personally. But, it's honestly what the other people think. Usually at the other RP's most rp'ers hang OOC in the main when there is BASICALLY no one IC. I agree with Misty and Sophey. I'd hate to see Sedgwick close but we need to try really harder on getting our popularity or something to the top. I, a man of four roleplays have my experience and say Sedgwick should NOT close. Let's just wait and see what happens. It's a "no rain, no rainbow" situation. So we better improve in the next week or so!! Like how the a-list NEVER went OOC they always stayed IC trying to keep there character, I understand Mia.. But maybe we could get the word around even more and people could join.. Like try and get Lloyd or someone whos important to get the word around. I really hope Sedgwick won't close.. so much stuff has happened at this school and it would make my heart drop if it did. But then again, its your decision Mia, so it all depends on you.

Your main, Edgar


Last edited by queen of hearts ♥ on Sat Nov 20 2010, 07:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mia
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 07:19

tigger(; wrote:
Oh mia.
I couldnt stand even the thought of Sedgwick shutting down.
I go to other rpgs, also, but if it means this shutting down.. then I'll spend my time here.
Thanks. i def. don't want you to quit other RPs for mine.
Rping shouldn't be a priority but something fun to do,
but if you're not having fun you'll drift away.
I think it's happening to everyone...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hsedgwick.forum-motion.com
Mia
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 07:25

queen of hearts ♥ wrote:
I personally agree, but the facts are less people are going to come to Sedgwick because the major rp'ers think its boring, They all go to the WRPG or XI, some of them are just waiting for Bushwick or some shit to open.. I think we SHOULDN'T close the school, there's been alot of progress made and I'd hate to see it go personally. But, it's honestly what the other people think. Usually at the other RP's most rp'ers hang OOC in the main when there is BASICALLY no one IC. I agree with Misty and Sophey. I'd hate to see Sedgwick close but we need to try really harder on getting our popularity or something to the top. I, a man of four roleplays have my experience and say Sedgwick should NOT close. Let's just wait and see what happens. It's a "no rain, no rainbow" situation. So we better improve in the next week or so!!

Always yours, Edgar

Thanks Edgar.

Yeah that's the thing that's irking me. The sitting in the main room.
I'm considering making it really private and only letting peope in
once they've been accepted. Meaning, the door will be closed for
most of the time so people can go in and RP without any worries.
I wanna build a community and I think that'll do the trick. Should
we try that?

The thing I've noticed about the typical "major RPers" is that they
go around being citical about everything because they're so tired
and uninspired by the RPs out there right now. That's actually what
made me want to make Sedgwick so I know how it feels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hsedgwick.forum-motion.com
queen of hearts ♥

avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-09-01
Location : i live in sophey's pants.

PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 07:29

Mia wrote:
queen of hearts ♥ wrote:
I personally agree, but the facts are less people are going to come to Sedgwick because the major rp'ers think its boring, They all go to the WRPG or XI, some of them are just waiting for Bushwick or some shit to open.. I think we SHOULDN'T close the school, there's been alot of progress made and I'd hate to see it go personally. But, it's honestly what the other people think. Usually at the other RP's most rp'ers hang OOC in the main when there is BASICALLY no one IC. I agree with Misty and Sophey. I'd hate to see Sedgwick close but we need to try really harder on getting our popularity or something to the top. I, a man of four roleplays have my experience and say Sedgwick should NOT close. Let's just wait and see what happens. It's a "no rain, no rainbow" situation. So we better improve in the next week or so!!

Always yours, Edgar

Thanks Edgar.

Yeah that's the thing that's irking me. The sitting in the main room.
I'm considering making it really private and only letting peope in
once they've been accepted. Meaning, the door will be closed for
most of the time so people can go in and RP without any worries.
I wanna build a community and I think that'll do the trick. Should
we try that?

The thing I've noticed about the typical "major RPers" is that they
go around being citical about everything because they're so tired
and uninspired by the RPs out there right now. That's actually what
made me want to make Sedgwick so I know how it feels.

Yes, I think that may work if we do that. The shutting the door so they all just dont hang out in the main room with the other people talking.. Thats not the main purpose of A ROLEPLAY to be open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greg



Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 07:31

I'll try and help keep it up. I'll see if I can convince people from other School RPG's to come help out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mia
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 07:50

Greg wrote:
I'll try and help keep it up. I'll see if I can convince people from other School RPG's to come help out.

See but that's the thing, I want people to LIKE and ejoy Sedgwick and come here and have fun, not come here to help out. As long as you come around and RP, you're helping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hsedgwick.forum-motion.com
jodieisYOURMOM!



Posts : 109
Join date : 2010-09-12
Location : Irelandddd. :)

PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 08:12

dont shut it down.
this is a great roleplay, well it was, until people started getting lazy. there are some people trying hard though, and we'll just all have to try harder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emma



Posts : 272
Join date : 2010-09-01
Age : 23
Location : dsjaldknasnd ur mom

PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   Sat Nov 20 2010, 10:13

Honestly, Sedgwick shouldn't close. If I'm not mistaken, It's one of the schools that's been up the longest.
I mean, I roleplay here, but whenever I ask other people to roleplay, their either busy roleplaying at some other crap, or just busy. But, that's fine with me. I don't think Sedgwick deserves to be closed. Everybody loves sedgwick, and if they don't they can fuck off, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I don't want to take any drastic decisions.   

Back to top Go down
 
I don't want to take any drastic decisions.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sun, Sept. 20th, 2010 Weather : september chills 64º/60º :: The Dirt :: Free for all-
Jump to: